Construction equipment requires consistent maintenance to keep it up and running. Nothing is worse for your equipment than skipping upkeep. Having a solid maintenance routine allows equipment to last longer and perform better. In order to get the best possible return on investment, it is advisable to commit to a maintenance plan.
Below are some tips on how to extend the life of your construction equipment.
- High-Quality Lubricant– One of the most affordable, effective ways to maintain your construction equipment is by using a high-quality lubricant. Lubricants reduce friction around your equipment’s moving parts and can extend the life of your machinery and its components. Note that not all lubricant is the same. Contact STEELCO today to speak with an industry expert. You can click HERE to fill out our contact sheet or call: 1-800-344-7204.
- Education for Machine Operators- It’s imperative that anyone who operates your construction equipment is using best practices. This begins with a comprehensive training course before an operator gets the keys.
- Regular Checks– A simple check of your machines should be conducted regularly. Make sure that everything looks and sounds as it should. Hire an expert to periodically check your machines to catch anything you’ve missed.
- Regular Cleaning- Cleaning your construction equipment helps keep things looking and working correctly. Ensure that the building that the equipment is stored is enough to keep them from harsh elements.
- Repairs- When something is broken, have it fixed immediately. Don’t forget to keep good records of your repairs and maintenance checks.