Farming equipment needs consistent maintenance to keep it working well. Unfortunately, cutting corners in your maintenance routine can cause equipment to break down and not last as long. Everyone wants the best possible return on investment, why not commit maintaining your farming equipment?
Following the steps below can extend the life of your farm equipment, which improves your return on investment from these large purchases.
- High-Quality Lubricant– Use high-quality lubricant on a frequent basis. Lubricants reduce friction around your equipment’s moving parts and can extend the life of your machinery and its components. Lubrication is one of the easiest, most affordable ways to maintain your equipment. Not all lubricant is the same. Check your options with STEELCO today to speak with an industry expert. You can click HERE to fill out our contact sheet or call: 1-800-344-7204.
- Train Machine Operators- It’s important that anyone who uses the equipment is operating it using best practices. This starts with a comprehensive training course before the machines are left in an operator’s care. Check with the people who operate the machine often. Ask if there are any problems or concerns.
- Check– You should self-check your machines often. Look for things that look and sound out of the ordinary. An expert should periodically check your machines as well.
- Clean- Cleaning and storing your farming equipment the right way should keep it in working order. Make sure to change any filters regularly. Also, the building in which the equipment is stored should effectively shield the equipment from harsh weather and extreme temperatures.
- Repair- Don’t wait to repair anything that needs it! Make all necessary repairs immediately and keep records of them. Also, keep detailed records of your maintenance and checks.